
Oh my. It’s been such a tiring day, I feel really fatigue. Semi-finals and finals for polympics was yesterday, though our team took 4th place, I thought they did really well yesterday and performed their best. ((: there’s always next year to do even better. ((: went to look for Meilin at the library, headed to town with her and Shi Jia. We intended to leave at 3, then we pushed it to 4 and then we ended up leaving at 5! We sure know how to drag. So we went to town to eat our dinner, cut our hair, walked around and then it was back to school to get all prepared for the marathon today. It’s especially tiring when you haven’t slept all day! I look like a zombie now, seriously. My eye bags are horrible; I just can’t look myself in the mirror I tell you. Anyway, though helping out as a medical personnel at the marathon today could get boring at some point in time, I think it was really an experience where you learn something which you wouldn’t learn when you’re on attachment or in school.
Anyway, the groupings were extremely disorganized, we had so many problems with who was in which group, but of course, it was all sorted out in the end. I was located at the junction of Wilkinson Rd, Mountbatten Rd, it was the 17 and 35-click, with Janice and Wei Xiong. They were so nice to come out of medical post and accompany me. Hehe. Anyway, we didn’t exactly get a lot of rest during the night because we were watching Ratatouille and I was distracted in an attempt to sleep, I slept for 10mins only, and then on the way there, I slept for about 20mins. When we reached Mountbatten Rd itself, we all couldn’t take it any longer, we slept at 530. It was 5am in the morning and it was really quite cold but I like it, the natural morning breeze is really good. Then at about 0600, the doctor came to our station to tell us that our 1st runner will be coming in at about 30mins. So it was rise and shine. So there’s this spray called Deep Heat Rub, which is an analgesic, once you take it out and start spraying it on someone, everybody else will queue up for it. So we were spraying it for people and we only had ONE can of that which obviously isn’t enough. Who in the right mind gives only one analgesic spray for this kind of events anyway? Then there was this guy who was about late 40s, early 50s guy who wanted the spray and we ran out of it (we were waiting for the road marshal to give it to us, though), guess what he said to us? He said this, “Your where got hope?” ok, proper English, “You guys have no hope.” Like dude, we don’t mean to run out of the spray, we weren’t supplied enough in the first place! I simply can’t understand why these people don’t bother getting their facts right before accusing people. We’re being maligned because we didn’t have enough spray. Anyway, then there were people who had sprained ankles, bad blisters due to friction, abrasion, people with knee joint problems, etc. I got to do spiral bandaging. Hehe. There was a guy who had severe cramps, especially at the gastrocnimus muscle, I could only stand there and watch helplessly, and the feeling really sucks because you can’t do anything to help, but at least I learnt something.
I said something really stupid when we were talking about songs at 215am in the morning, there’s this song called Boulevard of Broken Dreams, instead of saying that, I said Broken Dreams of Boulevard, and then Wei Xiong said, “So Fergie’s Big Girls Don’t Cry will be Don’t Cry Big Girls.” That is what will happen to you when you haven’t slept for a whole day. And he just loves to make me say things which I’m most unwilling to admit to or rather, I just don’t think before I speak, so I end up saying stupid things which will just cause myself nothing else but embarrassment. And I’ll volunteer myself next year, not as a medical personnel, but as a volunteer because you get paid $20! But I’m glad I went. ((: the Kenyans were really good too, at the 35 click, they took only 1hr50mins! Leslie said that they’re considered 2nd or 3rd in the world only, it’s not even world record for that matter! The moment I heard that, my jaws just dropped! How do these people do it so fast?! Gosh! Oh yes. Sam looked like a complete school girl today when i saw her running! Her hair was split into half and then further divided into 3 pony tails! Wanted to snap a picture of her running back but I missed her. A salute to Sam and Les too 'cause they came back to church after the marathon! *standing ovation*
I was surprisingly bubbly at church though I didn’t sleep for a day, according to Caleb. It’s hard to come by, I think I was just bubbly because I was way too tired. Haha. But Bible study today was really good, pity I didn’t bring my notebook with me though because I thought I was only going to join them towards the end of impACTers. But I guess it was really something that I really needed to know. ((:
watching the sunset with you
9:48 PM
