Saturday, October 20, 2007
SLEEP DEPRIVED!
So it’s the first week of school and my week’s been really tiring thanks to the horrible time-table. In any case, Monday was probably the worse day. There was a miscommunication between what Mr. Lim told us and what some of my friends heard. So instead of starting school at TWELVE NOON, we ended up going to school at EIGHT in the morning for nothing! I was sleep deprived for this whole week, on Mondays, I’ve got French, and so it’s 9-8. Tuesday isn’t so bad, at least it’s 12-5 and then 6-9, but wow, Wed to Fri are like my “ultimate favorites”! I start at 8 on Wednesday, I start at 8 and end school at 4, then 7-10 for training at Redhill. Thursday’s a FULL day, ok, if it’s an odd week, like THIS week, I start at 8, if not I’ll start at 10, all the way till 6 and then I’ve training till 9, Friday, though I start at 8, at least I end at 1, so it’s not so bad. But we’ve redundant breaks? I mean, seriously, really REDUNDANT ones, which explains the horrible time-table.
Anyway, I had THREE embarrassing incidents in the FIRST week of school, out of the three, I can only remember two. Oh yes, I didn’t embarrass myself publicly, so at least that helps. Ok, so here goes the first one, we were having Pharmacology lecture and they were talking about the different kind of drugs, then there’s one part which says Viagra, I think it was categorized under male or something like that, so I looked at it blankly and then I asked Janice or was it Meiyu? Anyway, I asked one of them this, “I thought it’s for female?” then Chai Min, Janice and Meiyu looked at me like I was some alien and then Ms. Koh said this, “Viagra are for male.” Then Janice said, “It’s for males who have erectile dysfunction, are you telling me that you can erect?” then they went into paroxysm of laughter. I can’t imagine if I had said it louder, what reaction I would’ve gotten. I just hope I don’t administer the wrong drugs to my patients on my next attachment when I get to go on medication rounds, which will actually be in Year3.
My next incident was this, I was on the bus this morning and I was EXTREMELY tired, maybe even comatose, so anyway, I sat at the seat which was facing each other. Then this NJC guy boarded the bus and he was sitting diagonally opposite me. So I didn’t bother, I just carried on napping, I was so tired that even when my leg was touching the other guy’s leg, I didn’t know till I woke up! I was so embarrassed, I didn’t even say sorry to him though he was looking at me! Now I know where I should sit when I’m extremely tired.
Oh yes. I had PT on Tuesday thanks to the rain. Since it was my first time, it caused so much trauma to my muscles that I had bruises on my butt! Ok, side of my butt to be exact. And I haven't been walking properly since Wednesday. )):
AND I LOVE ALICIA! xD
watching the sunset with you
12:12 AM