Saturday, April 14, 2007
Week so far.
Finally, all my camps and orientations are over. It’s been NINE days since NPSU FOC was over but well, it’s still sinking in. I miss all the fun, cheering, anecdotes and of course the OGLs who have a never-say-die attitude. In any case, I miss EVERYTHING about FOC! Now let’s talk about HS FOC.
DAY 1
Let’s skip this part shall we? It was really boring, maybe it’s because it’s the first day and ice-breakers are more often than not, boring. It was tiring too because we literally went up and down the “hills” in NP! Oh yes. This was also the first time where all of us ate watermelon in a really unglamorous way! Then at night, we ordered Macs for supper, freshies sure can eat.
DAY 2
It’s time for some dirty games! Woohoo! This one was really a blast! It was the best day compared to all the other days! We really got ourselves all dirty! All that butter mixed with flour, peanut butter, eggs and a whole lot of other stuff. We had to glide around the canvas sheets and all. All that egg cracked on our heads and all. GROSS! And we really stunk! I was one of the last few to bathe because Thanda was trying to get Wei Ning and me into the swimming complex. But failed at the first attempt because Wei Ning wasn’t fast enough, so after a long wait, we gave up and used the sports complex toilet instead. As we were the last to go in, the toilet was obviously, all flooded. You see all the residues floating around. Let's not go into further details.
DAY 3
Ok, the telematch was crap I tell you! It's so boring! But the weather had a part to play too, it was raining really heavily so that's why we couldn't have a proper telematch. But I would say that in a sense of bonding and knowing people more, this camp would be the one. The group's smaller and stuff. And I realised that poly is a whole different thing altogether compared to sec sch. People are either really open about things or they're introverts.
SAT
Which is obviously yesterday. Ok, i was packed the whole day. I slept for 12hours, woke up at 1152. Then at about 1440, I left the house to go down to Acts to prepare for Praise! Kids. I left at about 1735 for Dhoby Ghaut to meet Amy. And of course, our darling Faiz was late as usual. Amy and I were grumbling about why people are always late and never early. And we wondered what will it take for them to be early, or at least on time. Oh yes. Amy was really blur, she was talking to Russell to tell him that we'll be REALLY late. It actually takes us approximately 11mins to get to Serangoon from Dhoby Ghaut, but dearest Amy added up all the timing from one station to the next and she thought it'll take us 28mins to get there! Then I looked at her quizcally as she was adding up the time. So I asked, "Amy, what are you doing?" Then she said, "Adding up the time, of course!" I wanted to faint the moment I heard that! Then I had to tell her that, the time has already been calculated and why would the people be so stupid as to make us go through all the trouble to add up all the timing when they want to show us the timing? Then Amy realised that I made sense. like DUH! She was too kan chiong to think logically!
When Faiz arrived, earlier than i expected, we headed off to Serangoon. When we reached, we realised that we were the 2nd last to arrive! We were making a din at the MRT station and of course the staff there was pretty irritated with the whole bunch of us. Then we headed off to Jiv's the moment Mark arrived. When we arrived at the bus stop, we waited for Lav because Shaun went to the toilet and we left him behind. While waiting, 1/4 of us started playing this sisscors paper stone game where the loser gets whack on the hand. And of course I get whacked by Amy a whole lot of times and it hurts like crazy! Then when Lav came with Rachel, Shaun and the rest, we went to Jiv's and it was such a blast I tell you! Everybody was mingling with everybody! And we've got a new scandal! LOLX. Then we had this "fight" over St. Marg's and St. Pat's. OH MY GOSH! I find it so entertaining please! Especially the part where Rachel said this, "Ok then, let's talk about height." LMAO! Ok, Mark and Russell are well, 160+, so there you have it. And their band called 163 and Above will be performing during Hop Nite. Then Amy said this, "What's that? Their height ah?" LOLX! And yes, Amy was right, it's their height! Yes, that short!
When we were getting our food to eat, my dearest Ultima mates couldn't recognised me! Chi Ching was asking me what my name was, then I told her. Then Nicole, Kenneth and the other few got a shock and said this, "YOU'RE JOLENE?!" My goodness! They've been around me for 96hours but they can't even recognise me! Then they said I look guai with my spects and better with contacts. Then I asked Lav, "Do I look pr......" Ok, I was not thinking straight when I asked and of course they knew what was the word la, but I didn't mean that. So she said this, "Yes, what do you want to ask huh?"
Jiv's brother, Sharma, brreds a guinea pig at home too. SO CUTE!!! And the OGLs were as usual, crazy and well, horny. You see them doing all those crazy things. People started moving off at about 2215. Amy, Faiz, Khai, Lav and I left at 2305. Then Lav had to buy standard ticket and this was what happened. She only had $10 notes with her. She tried over and over again to put the money inside, the best thing was that it was late and the last train was about to arrive. Then Khai said this, "Are your notes fake?" LOLX. So funny please! Lav kept giving us this expression which I thought was really funny. I was really tired when I got home.
SUN
Which is today. Like DUH! Ok, I was really tired, don't ask why, I haven't an inkling either. In any case, the kids today were really active and like I wasn't tired enough, I was all over. Telling the kids to go back, to sit down and blah blah blah. But I shouldn't be complaining so much, Bryan, Caleb, Jo and Wern were doing a lot more than I was. Then Wern told me something today and I finally figured out why. Blog has this really huge disadvantage! Links! When one blog is linked to another, the person is bound to find out something! But in any case, he's just eye-candy. I've thought about it and seriously, he's just eye-candy. I asked 2 persons about the difference and well, he's still eye-candy. It IS a relieve for me.
watching the sunset with you
1:11 PM