Saturday, February 03, 2007
Something to think about.
This is going to be a rather short post. Anyway, you know, sometimes I think that we youngsters go around life without being appreciative and showing gratitude to our ever so hardworking parents. Whether you’re talking about the one who brings the beacon home or the one who keeps the house spick and span after all the mess we have left behind. My mother fell sick yesterday at around 2330 and damn!! I feel so guilty! While my mum was sick, I was enjoying my time at Pasir Ris. In any case, it was a good thing I took a cab home together with Linda, OML and TSF. We left the place at only 2330, don’t expect us to think there are still public transportations back home at a time like this.
Anyway, so I got home after Linda who was the first to get off and I must say she does know her way around Singapore. If she hadn’t notice where we were heading towards, I would’ve been the 2nd last to reach home. Anyway, I saw my mum lying on the bed and I thought she was just trying out the new bed and taking a rest after doing her BSF work. So I went in and said, “Trying out the new bed huh?” then she replied, comatose, “Call daddy and tell him I’m sick.” She had apparently consumed the bread which was steamed in the morning and it was actually sour. But my mum being her, always eat food that is sour thinking it’ll be fine, at the most she’ll just make a visit to the toilet. She makes do with everything, that’s her problem.
So she was still sick today and was persistent on not wanting to see the doctor until about 1350 just now. So here, while she was resting, I was doing the chores at home. That would be scrubbing my brother’s and mine laundry and keeping the kitchen clean. Now I understand why she always kicks up a fuss about the amount of clothes we throw into the laundry. It really isn’t easy scrubbing the clothes. So I had a taste of being in a shoe of a housewife. That too, is another reason why I don’t want to get married; it’s all that hassle and we being the “weaker” sex - which a lot of times I beg to DIFFER – have to please our other half. If the clothes this week isn’t clean enough, I don’t mean it intentionally, everyone has to start from somewhere.
Oh yes, the time where some of us has been anticipating and the time where some of us dread the most, especially those who knows that they haven’t studied and put in enough effort has arrived, the ‘O’ Level results will be released next Friday (09/02). People, please remember me in your prayers and wish me all the best.
watching the sunset with you
2:59 PM