Saturday, February 03, 2007
Love, what exactly is it?
After rejuvenating myself, I’m back to blog. Well, something just hit me, love seems so impeccable when everyone around you is attached, getting married, engaged and what-have-you. They are feeling the bliss and love is in the air for them. As for singles like us, sometimes, when we look around us and we’re surrounded by couples, we just think that this world’s totally unfair or whatever negative thoughts that could possibly fill your mind. But let’s think about it, love can seem like it’s so amazing, but I’m going to point at the NEGATIVE part of love. Love can seem impeccable, but sometimes I find it so ludicrous, jocular sometimes even cryptic. Here’s why.
When you get attached to that person, have you ever wondered if that person was the right one for you, or was that person just a fling? When you both were courting each other, have your thoughts ever run wild when your other half wasn’t around you? Were you sitting around wondering is that person cheating on me? Will that person not have anymore feelings for me once he/she moves to a new environment? Did that person actually REALLY like you for WHO you are and not what you are? Sometimes I really wonder what exactly are on this people’s mind when they’re attached. Even better still, I wonder what’s on their mind when they just had a quarrel! Have people ever really thought through a relationship before getting involved in one? Did they get in it all just because they like each other? Or did they really think through what matters most in a relationship? Some who are reading might think that I might not know what exactly is required, but Zhong taught me when we were courting each other. Sometimes I’m just so thankful.
The sine qua non of a relationship is COMMITMENT. Yes, just that one word. Of course there’s the usual, trust and understanding, but most importantly, commitment. If you can’t commit yourself to the damn relationship, then why get yourself hurt? Aren’t you a little inane to actually do that? Have you ever thought if there was a clash of personality? Did you even go through the basic, friendship then courtship? Well, if that was so, then I don’t see why there would actually be thousand and one problems in a relationship that has gone through the basics. Shouldn’t there be enough trust already? With the friendship, you’ll understand your other half’s character already, you would probably even know what can cause that person to get angry and what would make that person happy.
Oh yes. I forgot to add. Love can even make or break a person. The person could probably become worse, or change for the better for the sake of that person. Some become worse, either becoming over-sensitive or too emotional. Sometimes I just don't see how love could possibly make a person become someone better. The thing is, if you are attached to someone who has a character which is really good compared to your own, then good on you, at least you assure yourself that you'll grow to become a better person. But if you're attached to someone who's just worse off than you are, then I can only say that over time, you'll change and become someone so different, probably even your friends wouldn't recognise the real you. And I'm talking about becoming worse, unless you're going to make the effort to help that person. But in most cases, the person doesn't realise, why? Because they're so blinded by love and they think of their other half as perfect, they just don't see the bad points about their other half. What becomes of them after that? Only time will tell.
Anyway, I’m done with downplaying love. If any one of you were wondering if I was talking about anyone, please get rid of that idea and don’t let your thoughts run wild. Thanks, much appreciated. Oh. If anyone actually has an answer what love is, please tell me, I’m all ears. By the way, I could only think of one couple who has an impeccable relationship, or so I would perceive. Caleb and Jo, reason, because they’ve got God in their lives and it's centered around Him and they know exactly what's required of a relationship. They have been together for 4years now, going on to their 5th. Am I glad for them or what!
watching the sunset with you
8:16 PM