Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Sometimes, humility is the best.
I was having a conversation with Faiz and then we started talking about crashing schools and JCs.
Me: If you go to JC, which one.
Faiz: SA, CJC, YJC, Hwa Chong. Hahahah! Njc, Vjc, RJC!
Me: FAIZ!
Faiz: Okok, I shall shut up.
Me: Just answer my question. I can name you all the JCs too you know? Who can’t?
Faiz: Only SA, CJ or YJ.
Me: Ooohh… CJ
Faiz: ACJC = F***ed school.
With that statement, she startled me. Yes, those were her exact words, then we started rattling on about why we think ACJ’s like that. Wern, I know you’re reading this, but before you think of throwing punches at me when you see me, read on. Drink some water, it’s good for your health. ;) Anyway, Faiz lives near-by so she was saying that people who go to that school are really stuck up & they think really highly of their JC. Why, I couldn’t agree more. Most people perceive ACJ as a school which are filled with richie rich people and some, prestigious. So when people ask the mundane question, “Which school are you in now?” their replies aren’t just, “ACJ.”, they say it with so much of pride filled in them, some of them probably have their heads held high. Ok, people will be in awe and everything, but do they have to be so proud of their school? And most of them would say, “ACJ rocks!”. Yes, it shows school spirit, but overdoing sometimes can just turn people off. I’ll cite an example of people being really proud of ACJ, I’m NOT picking on the person, I’m just trying to PROVE my point.
We(band girls & I) were going for lunch after school and happen to bump into two people who was just visiting. So we stopped and started talking, I smiled at someone whom i knew -there was only 2 of them, by the way - but she didn't smile back, she IGNORED me. Then this thought went through my mind, "You've only been in ACJ for a little more than half a year and you're already so stuck up?!"
Her: Doesn't this look familiar? -points to her shirt-
Us: IGNORES.
She was donned in her ACJ red shirt & skirt and the other, in her SA uniform. So I've proved my point, you smile at that person & the person simply IGNORES you. Like what the hell is wrong with you?! Then I told Faiz another thing, which is, the alumni of the school aren’t like that. They’re humble and being in ACJ isn’t much of a big deal to them, it’s like every other JC. So like what I always like to think, the juniors are just out to tarnish the name of the school, while the seniors always uphold the name of the school. Up till this day, that statement still stands.
Let’s take my school for example. The prefects in my school are corrupt, I don’t understand how’s this suppose to help uphold the name of our school. Integrity, Taking pride in all we do and there’s say 3 more which of course, I can’t be bothered to list. The juniors, they’re plain spoilt and their hearts are like rock! People out there are suffering and all you donate is just 5cents, 10cents?! Have you any heart?! You people have so much of money to spare, just look at the bags you’re carrying, the pencil cases and the cars your parents own. So many juniors carry bags from Roxy, Ripcurl, Adidas, Quiksilver and what have you. The cars they own? BMW, Mercs, Lexus, Toyota Wish, Honda Odyssey. They’re all MPVs, if not continental cars and you’re only donating that much?! CREEPS!! When the juniors were nominating for their prefects, this thought ran in my mind, “They can actually find prefects in their batch?! What a joke.” I know, it’s really crude and all, but I concede that the BLUE badge prefects did a good job, but the red badge onwards, CORRUPT! In any case, every school has something they can be proud of, RJC, NJC, Hwa Chong: brains. VJC: Choir. In any case, I shall end here, if I go on any longer, there’ll be no end to this entry which is filled with discrimination and nothing else.
watching the sunset with you
10:53 PM