Sunday, January 14, 2007
Peculiar? Not at all, it all comes down to you.
Just as Sam & I were talking about me serving the church yesterday, Kenneth mentioned today about the ushers need ushers. And well, Sam was saying that if I serve in church, she would see me as an usher because of my friendliness towards people. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t let it get to my head. I should put it into good use and not keep my gift to myself. Anyway, I was talking to Zhong’s mum today about languages because she just happened to be where Wern was and discovered she curled her hair. And this is pretty interesting, she learnt Greek! Ok, she learnt Hokkien, Cantonese, Bahasa, JAPANESE and Greek. Say, shouldn’t I be ashamed of myself? I’m a Cantonese, or rather it’s my dialect, and neither do I understand nor speak it. While I was talking to her, I realize I wasn’t daunted by her. Yes, I USED to be afraid of her, reason? Who else and what else can it be?
The music ministry, intercessors and the players (they call the church together using an instrument which I haven’t an inkling how to spell.) had gone off for a meeting so I was talking to Elliot’s mum and wow! We sure can talk a whole lot when we’re just talking about Japan! His mum actually thought Zhong’s 2nd brother is the best looking amongst the 3 of them! HAHAHA! Then she was saying how outspoken and well, insensitive he could get sometimes. He IS sensitive, just that, sometimes it happens. Here’s what happened, Elliot’s mum was wearing this vintage Disney shirt which she bought from Hong Kong and she wore it to church one day. And any shopping queen or rather, anybody who reads fashion magazines would know that vintage shirts can cost like $70 onwards. So Zhong was walking out of the room after service and spotted her.
Zhong: Auntie! (points at the shirt.) You bought that from the MARKET right? It looks so old. (if I were Auntie, I would’ve punched him!)
Auntie: Excuse me young boy, from the market?! I bought this from Disneyland, Hong Kong and it isn’t cheap!
Zhong: Oops.
So Auntie was just telling me that it was NEW and the colour hasn’t even run yet! Ok, sometimes, guys just odd to do something about their fashion sense too you know? It really does help A LOT! Maybe we should make it sine qua non instead huh? SHEESH!
Anyway, after so much, I’ve just like to say something. I think this is something really basic every person know and ALWAYS remember, it’s a cliché, but don’t judge a book by its cover. It really doesn’t help at all, I mean, different people have different opinions, different experiences about a certain something. Why do I say this? Well, we were just saying who was the friendliest among the brothers, we had the consensus that definitely it has to be Zhong – I’m not being bias, it’s a FACT! – so I said it must come from his mum, she disagreed, she said she isn’t all that friendly, she says his dad is a lot friendlier. Just as she would disagree with me, I disagreed with her on that too. I thought the dad isn’t all that friendly, but well, if you talk to different people, they’ll give you a different view. I click well with the mum, I haven’t even held a PROPER conversation with the dad at all. I was just thinking about it last night and well, I decided not to judge because I’m in NO position at all to judge. I have all my frailties too just like every other human being, I’m not impeccable. So, if you approach different people, are friendly to different people, then of course you’ll say the other one’s friendlier and start comparing.
Some people might find me peculiar because I can actually click well with my friends’ parents. Let’s just say that if you’re able to find a common topic with EVERYONE, then you can click well with every other people. Sam found it interesting and a gift that I can actually click with their parents. I can click with their parents and so can I click with my youth group (DUH!). And WERN! Please take care of your injury on your knee and please don’t be so occupied next time and concentrate a little more on where you’re walking and what you’re stepping on too.
watching the sunset with you
10:04 PM