Thursday, January 04, 2007
I learn something new everyday.
I mentioned that I had this saccharine dream yet surreal. Then last night, I had a not so sweet. Well, what can I say? Reality hits you even when you're dreaming so that you'll wake up from ur little fantasy. ((: You know, sometimes i wish there was this magic pill which could allow you to have sweet dreams everyday. Ok, I'm being really daft here. Now, i need another medicine, that is, to cure my stupid incessant cough, sinus and my TWO WEEK long sore throat!! I suppose it's due to my coughing too.
My mum was just asking me yesterday why I want to find a job when I can spend the time learning Japanese or Korean. Thing is, she doesn’t know that I need the money to get clothes for poly. Hopefully I’ll be able to get into the course and poly that I want. I’m trying to be as sanguine as possible. So I went on my little mission today to scout for a job at VivoCity together with Karen. We window-shopped, she accompanied me on my “job-scouting.” Ok, I have to admit that looking for shops in Vivo can really kill sometimes. It’s so huge, searching for a shop can really tire one out and give you a headache.
Here’s an epitome, both of us were searching for The Pet Safari which was located at the 3rd level. So we went up and we saw some shop and of course, it was the wrong one. Thinking we could exit from that shop through the automated door, I stood in front of the door, it didn’t open, I waved my hand, same thing. The door wasn’t in operation yet! Then we went up again using the escalator that leads to food republic, I thought TPS would be behind Planet Fitness, but it wasn’t. I gave up and went to the directory; it was at the other end! ARGH! I love dogs, hamsters are adorably cute, but sadly, they don’t hire part-timers. After all the endless walking abouts and searching for shops, we went to E-Zone and played 3 rounds of pool. FINALLY!! It's been eons since i played pool, and what a coincidence, i was just thinking when will be the next time I'll play pool again.
Anyway, so I signed up at my favorite Ben&Jerry’s and Build-A-Bear Workshop. Will be going back for the interview for Ben&Jerry’s on Saturday. Oh yes. When I went to Build-A-Bear Workshop to sign up, I realize they’ve got more choices compared to the one at Esplande. A plus point to Build-A-Bear Workshop is that they’re bigger too.
When I came home, I decided to look up the newspaper for my language classes. They’ve quite a few in town. As much as I would love and prefer to take Korean, taking Japanese would be better since my mum is learning Korean from her shows and book and whatever else she has. So I went to the kitchen and told her about it, then she was asking bout the usual things like how long and blah.
Then she said, “You can take up Italian too.”
I looked up, shocked, “Are you crazy?”
“You’re the one who’s crazy! Why do you want to take up only this two languages when they’re not international languages?”
So she explained that in the past, many countries were French colonies and that French, Italian and Spanish are international languages too, if not more widely use. Well, I’ll choose French if I had to choose either of those 3.
watching the sunset with you
7:23 PM