Sunday, January 07, 2007
Friends are the greatest gift He's given to me.
Today, as we were giving our Thanksgivings for the year 2006, it seems to me that many of us have been through a rough time. Even after all this time, God wants us to grow in Him and also learn from our frailties and mistakes. He too wants us to realize that we can’t just rely on our own strength and that we need Him in our lives. So when it reached me, I don’t know why, I just choked up, but continued after clearing my throat. Then I started tearing! ARGH!! Well, I guess if I piece the puzzle together, I’ve been through a pretty rough patch in my life. It couldn’t get any worse.
My friends condone my attitude and showed me what I devoid and gave me a chance to change into a better person. Then when I think of the people who I’ve neglected but yet tolerated me, I just really felt bad. I couldn’t ask for any other friends better than them. Then there’s the person whose surname is Mah. Having needed to tolerate him almost every Sunday – confession, I didn’t go to church every Sunday due to Os, no excuses actually. – was really getting to me. Never mind, I still needed a whole lot of humility in me just so I could get the friendship back.
When I piece everything together, it just makes me cry, on the contrary, it puts a smile on my face too. God has thought me how to treasure my friends, He has showed me how imperfect I am, He has showed me that I can’t just rely on myself. Well, though it was a rough year, I just thank God that he has sent so many people to my side to be there for me whenever I needed them. Apart from sending His Son to die on the cross for us, my friends are the greatest gift He’s given to me.
Oh yes. As I was reading Faiz's tag, it reminded me of this funny friend of mine by the name of Josephine Chan Yu Ling. Seriously, ever since the both of us stepped foot into Acts Centre, we've become more open and even crazier. Anyway, I was just telling her that I applied at Ben & Jerry's, then she got excited so this is the conversation.
Jo: Really?!
Me: Yup.
Jo: Eheheh. So when I buy one scoop from you, you
MUST give me two ok?
Me: Haha. Don't be funny ok?
My goodness. Sometimes she really makes me laugh and sometimes she really makes me wonder if she ate the wrong medicine. Lolx. But when you put Caleb and Jo together, it's even more comical. The way Caleb put things to Jo and the way she reacts. Sometimes they can even quarrel over the smallest thing, but they always look comical and cute. Haha.
watching the sunset with you
7:44 PM