Monday, January 29, 2007
Fall into the gap.
So I haven’t been blogging for a wk now. It actually comes as a surprise to me and well, not so much of a surprise. I’ve been busy doing my Japanese homework that I don’t have the time to blog. There’s nothing much to blog about the last week though, but there certainly is something to blog about today.
SUN (28/01)We had a pretty fruitful session for IMPACTERS yesterday with Carl and Theresa. With reflective questions (or at least to me) from them both & 2 good questions from Zhong. EH! I’m not being bias. Anyway, then we had tea with them and hahaha. Me being me and wanting to find out so much about the Korean culture, I kind of peppered them with questions. They’re Korean-American by the way. So cool huh? Heh. And Carl realized how interested I was in the Korean culture and he said that since I’m so interested, they’ll throw a Korean party one day. WOOHOO!! Oops. They’re really funny, approachable and sociable people.
Then it was getting rather late so we went our separate ways. And as Wern had promised me, we went to get my birthday present. Like wow! FINALLY!! Then we were in the car on our way to town, I casually asked if Wern’s brother was still a Christian and she said yes. So Chris then said, “Why did you ask that question huh? To see if it’s possible between the both of you huh?” then I stared at him & gave him five finger marks. Then he said, “WOW!! I just gave (paid) $5 at the car park and you’re giving me another one?” Chris, you asked for it!
Anyway, we were then deciding on whether to park at Wisma or Taka. So we settled on Taka because Wisma’s parking rates are first 2hours,
$3.15, subsequent 30mins,
$0.55. Of course, all of us were like, let’s go back to Taka and park. Then we started our shopping the moment we hit the shopping centre. OF COURSE. Anyway, I actually wanted to get a blazer in preparation for poly, but I thought it a little inappropriate since I have yet to get my results and I found it rather impractical. I gave up the nice blazer which they were selling at Guess? In any case, it’ll be over-budget. So I decided on a denim skirt instead. I was online on Friday I think, surfing the Topshop site for nice blazers, then of course, being in a dilemma and thinking of an alternative, I saw a rather nice denim skirt, but of course, they don’t have it in Singapore sadly. So we went to GAP and I spotted this super nice skirt which I like, then I tried it on and they said that it makes my thighs look slim but I’ll “zhao gen” (open coffee shop). Then I decided to try size 4, since there wasn’t any size 3. I had already decided on the skirt, but the problem was the size. After much putting on and being a “model” for the skirt, they decided on size 4 for me. And TADA!! I’ve finally gotten my long awaited birthday present.
We actually walked into shops like Aldo, Topshop, Esprit, Mango, Forever 21, Guess?, GAP and Zara before deciding on my denim skirt. Heh. We then headed for a rather late dinner at FoodRepublic. I had an egg prata and a cheese prata. Wern had hokkien mee, Sheryl and Chris had tepanyaki. The tim sum which Sheryl and Wern bought was pretty nice I must say.
On a separate note, well, I must say you’ve been really sincere in your apology and words. At least I finally see the effort in you, whether it was because of the pep talk Wern had given you, or whether it was because u went back to reflect, at least I see the effort. And indeed you do remember that it takes two hands to clap. Well, things between the both of us are indeed going fine. You take the effort to greet me no matter how long you’ve been around which really shows a lot already. And whether you’re dubious about my intentions of me wanting you to bring her back to church, don’t be because I mean no harm to her. It’s not like she offended me in any way, I believe she’s a nice girl.
watching the sunset with you
11:33 PM