Saturday, December 09, 2006
Reminiscence & some catching up.
isn't it great to meet up with your clique & spend some time with them before your one week sojourn to a certain somewhere? let's start from
THURSDAY first. met up with wen & sam first. had a good talk at Island Creamery & i was feasting on, as usual, mud pie. what else could i possibly eat when i go there? anyway, wen realised i had grown up, so did i. seriously, it's not self-praise, if i had done what i'm doing now like eons back, i would live with no regrets. on the contrary, there's no point in regretting, all u can do is to learn from it. better late than never like they always say. anyway, i ate another slice of mud pie before wen & i left for coro to change my currency, while of course, sam headed home.
after getting my currency changed, we walked back to serene to bus down to VivoCity. we were early & decided to shop a little before meeting caleb & chris. but of course, guys being guys, they'll always be late. wen was losin patience, while i was of course, more sedate because i was busy shopping. heh. i just told her, "guys are ALWAYS late, they'll never change. just shop and let them find us later." so caleb arrived at about 1945. then i did something inane while we were walking out of Esprit, wen & caleb decided to be mean & pretended they didnt know i was & called a CRAZY WOMAN!! hmpf! then when chris finally arrived after many attempts to figure which part of VivIoCity(it's not a spelling error, chris pronounces it like that.) he was at, we headed to FoodRepublic to get dinner. & boy didnt we have a good laugh at FoodRepublic, but of course & as always, i was the victim. i eat in a really unfeminine way, they couldnt believe my mouth could open so widely & then the tissue incident.
we wanted to go to Ben & Jerry's to have ice-cream but it was too crowded and settled for Haagen Dazs, then we decided to eat at the roof terrace instead. we sat there discussing bout nx friday about what activities they should do. we then decided to head home at around 2245 & went our separate ways. & i've learnt from this little outting: 1. to walk properly & not walk like a penguine!
2. to eat in a more feminine way.
3. when meeting chris, dont EVER be early OR on time.
4. & the most important thing, DONT EVER EAT TOO MUCH ICE-CREAM IN ONE DAY! i had a bad stomachache yesterday due to all the ice-cream!
Then on
FRIDAY, which is of course yesterday, CAPTAs finally met up after so long! & ive learnt to never talk 145 or 131 in the day when going to VivoCity, it’s a 1hr ride! & the bad air-conditioning has to make it worse! Anyway, so I met aud, faiz & zj at FoodRepublic. Then I don’t know why, all 3 of them didn’t recognize, even worse, aud & zj thought faiz brought another friend! The result of not meeting up for so long is this. Sigh. Anyway, we went to get our food, faiz decided to follow despite finding her mee siam, so I thought the stall that sells hokkien mee was near-by, but it was actually about 7stalls away & when I found it, faiz was like, “FINALLY! Ok, I’ll go get my food then.” Heh. Then when both of us bought our food, we met in the middle & laughed! It’s just funny la. Then we went to get a drink & faiz thought she was going to have to walk a long way again.
Anyway, after we had lunch, we went to the roof terrace and started cam whoring again. After a while, yq came from school and we went to the box office to get our tickets & I stupidly stood at a place where the pillar was blocking then yq asked, “are you sure the place you’re standing at allows you to see the time & everything?” then of course I gave a sheepish grin & moved. Then we went shopping. I was looking for shades & found this really nice pair of white-framed shades at Forever21 but it was the last one & they said paying $25 for this pair wouldn’t be worth it considering the condition. DARN!! Anyway, aud & I tried this brown plunging V-neck/baby doll top & I really LOVE it!! ive got a fettish for baby doll tops/dresses now. I really love the top!! But I think by the time I get back to buy the top, it’ll probably be out of stock.
We then moved on to find aud’s Giordano, this dear friend of ours thought Bossini was Giordano! Then yq & I reminded her, “aud, this isn’t Giordano, do you realize it’s Bossini?” she really thought it was Giordano. Aud, next time open your eyes big big & look at the signboard. While she was trying on her jeans, I saw this nice simple trench coat & tried it on. Then yq came along & commented, “you’ve always been living in the same season (winter in this case) since last year huh?”
then she turned to zj and asked, “last year was because of…..”
zj: Ge Dou
yq: oh yes. And last year she was trying the trench coat at Mango.
well, no, I haven’t been living in the same season, it’s just that I’m going to japan so it’ll be cold there, that’s all. Then our dearest aud couldn’t decide & we went on to get our snacks because we were running out of time. We took eons just to settle on which snack to get. After the TWO hour long movie, we went on to get dinner, aud left 1st because she has a test today. On our way to get dinner, yq & I were trying to convince zj how nice & juicy BK’s mushroom swiss was. Haha! Her expression was just hilarious! Anyway, we then went to the roof terrace & had a good time reminiscing, gossiping and catching up with each other. The nice night breeze & the beautiful view, minus the stupid bunch of people smoking!! ARGH!! Annoyance!! Anyway, after which we left at 2230 & went our separate ways.
watching the sunset with you
12:25 PM