Saturday, December 30, 2006
my heart-felt apologies & thanks.
Went for Uncle Louis' End Year/ New Year party yesterday. and me, being so ignorant about the dress code & not considering where I was going to at night, just went out clad in t-shirt, mini skirt & my flops. Then, as I was proceeding out to head home, I saw this sign board which read dress-code & it says, "No Slippers". Well, me being me, I didnt bother and thought, "it's a private function, they don't have the authority to chase you out." anyway, the party was fun. But yet again, I made a fool of myself by identifying DRAGON fruit as GRAPEfruit. I was already comatose by that time & well, both fruits has the word "fruit" at the back, it should be condoned in my opinion. & my dear ah ma has to tell everybody that I identified dragon fruit as grapefruit and the worse thing was that she asked twice & I was staring at the dragon fruit. Then we drifted to the topic on blood types & I found out this rather interesting fact, is that people with a “-” in their blood type are usually Indians! Oh no! Now I really thing I should trace back to my forefathers. & Uncle Louis is an AB+. Well, I think I’m the only B- in church, maybe when I get the chance, I should go ask Aroo and Nanili about their blood type.
Oh yes, when Chris was at work, we took his car to drive around, and well, Sheryl, Wern and I had this girl talk in the car and boy did we have so much fun. But what I read during my QT today, was “shun profane and vain babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness and their message will spread like cancer.
2 Timothy 2:16, 17. NKJV” well, this will be our last I hope, like all our consensus were, whatever was said in the car between the 3 of us, stays within the three of us.
And ah ma, if ya reading this from Taiwan, don’t worry too much about what happened yesterday, everybody needs time. We understand where you’re coming from, don’t feel lousy or weak aye? We’re all girls and we’re only human, we need time to grapple with situations such as that. If you’ve read this, please tag ok? Hope you’re having fun in Taiwan. ((:
On another note, this is pretty difficult but hey, I’ll type it in any case. It might be good news for me, but I’ve found out the answer which actually I’m really thankful that I finally have an answer to the question. I’ve waited for this answer in real agony, nights where I cried myself to sleep cogitating about it, days which I bother my friends with the same old problem and times where I just unveil my cantankerous character, hurting the people closest to me and probably even leaving people thinking, “why does she have to live in misery and pain when she can move on & forget about it?” well, my dear friends, you’re spared from all my problems from this day on, I promise you that this problem with him & I will never come into our conversations again.
Yesterday, when I was eating, he tapped on my shoulder with, what I least expected, a Christmas CARD, not present, if you people were thinking. And he said “Merry Christmas”. And of course, us sticking to our group, we started talking among the whole group, this time, directly, whether it was my inane mistake of the fruits, or whether it was about the fact that sitting helps digest your food faster than when you’re walking or standing. Then I opened his card this afternoon, he really is sensible & sensitive enough to know that he’s been an absolute bastard towards me. He knows I’ve tolerated all his nonsense for this whole year and well, he knows that he’s SUPPOSE to apologize to me, thank goodness I saw it as sincere and not as a placebo.
Well, there’s definitely a possibility of us becoming friends again, it’s just when it’ll happen. I’m just wondering when and where I’ll ever find someone as sensible & sensitive and someone who’s so musically talented. If the both of us become friends again, I do hope that it’ll be a friendship that I’ll treasure really well. He really does make a good friend. I really don’t ask for much now, I should be contented with what I have now. Of course, i do hope and i do WANT to forget about the past too.
Now, I’ve like to say my heart-felt thanks and gratitude to my friends who’s been there for me and tolerated all my problems and my attitude day after day. I don’t know any other way of expressing my thanks other than returning back to you people back what you’ve given me, your friendship, your support and of course, your tolerance towards me. Many a times, the problem comes to me, but I just put it aside because troubling you is not what I want. I thank you for the many times you’ve given me, with your jokes and general talks even, it put aside flummoxing problem and just made me more sanguine. THANK YOU!! And I still owe you all your chocolates from Japan!
Now, to ah ma, you’ve not only been a tutor to me, but a counselor of sorts. I really thank you for being able to put up with all my nonsense. The times that I was stress, the times I was troubled and the times which I just showed you the ugly side of me. I really want to thank you for being my messenger every time. Thank you for your understanding all this time. And my sincerest apologies for the time which I almost made you cry, I was at my lowest, lost and stressed. Thank you for persistent encouragement to me, though sometimes I might be really crude and discouraging towards you. Thank you for spurring me on to get the friendship back. Thank you for helping me in my studies too. THANK YOU SO MUCH MY DEAREST AH MA! ((: And a little something which i learnt from devotion on Thursday.
"Praise be to God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3,4. NIV."
As Charles Hembree has pointed out, "In the full face of afflictions it is hard to see any sense to things that befall us, and we want to question the fairness of a faithful God. However, these moments can be the most meaingful of our lives."
Alexander Nowell once said,
"God does not comfort us so that we may be comforted but that we may be comforters." We are to pass along the comfort with which God has comforted us.
PS. Sometimes I really wonder if I’m too detailed and too “luo-shuo” in my describtions.
watching the sunset with you
2:44 PM